Thursday, March 12, 2009

*growl*

I got really angry recently. I don't like getting that angry. It tends to make me more frustrated and creates a vicious cycle. What made it worse to me is that the causes of my anger (actually something I'd done) didn't seem to matter to anyone around.

«Making you more upset.»

Yes. When I screw up I'd like it to matter to someone. Same with anything that upsets me. It also makes it difficult for me when I want to make amends and there's no one with whom to make up with or apologize. The only one who seemed to care or be affected by the situation was me! What am I to do then?

«Wallow in self-pity?»

And for about 12 hrs that's kind of what I did. (That is what I did. No kinda about it.) What I realized (or God knocked into my head) is that, first, failure is gonna happen. It happens to everyone. Accept that and learn from it. Second, my pouting is really kinda stupid and it's only hurting me. I need to forgive myself (something I'm not good at) and even apologize to myself (or the equivalent), also to God. My anger and resulting behavior belittled me. It wasn't a big thing and I should have not let it become one. I am going to get angry and frustrated again, over stupid things. I just need to not allow myself to let that disrupt my life, find the outlets I need and make the turn-around quicker. (Though I guess 12 hrs ain't that bad. What's important is that it bothered me and I want to fix it.)

1 comment:

Alli said...

If it makes you feel better, I care when you mess up and need to make amends with people. *nod*