Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul

«And goodness does my soul need it...
Yours too!»

I made myself (mostly) finish my group presentation slide show before I'd let myself post today. So this blog is turning out to be helpful to some degree, and seems to be fulfilling its purpose.

«So far anyway. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.
Not to discourage your optimism.»


Anyways, I (like most people who aren't emo, and even some of them, too) love a good laugh. Some of my favorite memories with my family are when we all were cracking up, laughing until we cried. The people I love spending my time with are the one that make me laugh. And whoever I spend forever with will be a woman that I love to laugh with, a lot. Laughter can extend your life, so I want to spend my time with people who will add years to my life and make those years very enjoyable.

My humor can be dry and I often enjoy listening to comical cynics. I love satire, particularly satirical writing. And a good role-reversal skit is hilarious. There really is too much to list, and I'd really rather not go into it all. What I will share are a few things that I love going to for a laugh: comics. The comics page is one section of the newspaper I always read. My family has been known to get into big fights other this, usually who gets it first and then next. Recently my brother and I have been debating about the quality of humor of a particular comic. I was somewhat partial to it before, but defending it against my brother has endeared it to me more. Like most comics, its not funny all the time, but I really like this comic now. I like its humor. Its called Bliss and now that I've also looked at other selections from the artist, I'm pretty sure I'm a fan and will always like it. It's no Calvin and Hobbs, Non Sequitur, or Far Side, but it's good. (The previous are all comics of which I am a fan.)

There are several online comics that I love to follow. After discovering each of them, I'd waste away several days reading through their archives to catch myself up completely. The one I'd recommend most is xkcd. I love the commentary and humor. Looking For Group also
has some really great days for humor. Those two are probably my favorites of the online comics I check regularly. Others include the likes of Sequential Art and Ctrl+Alt+Del. Besides xkcd they all have a plot line to follow. I put permanent links of the side for a few.

I know I didn't give much detail, but I'm only sharing what I like. I don't need to defend.
So go have a laugh.

1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

Hey Will! I really like your blog. Great post. Loved the comment about how the people you love and enjoy being around the most extend your life because it is so true and it really was a different way of thinking about it. I hope you are doing well and that I get to see you when you come up! Take care! Daniel misses you. haha