Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not its orginal purpose, but good enough.

When I originally set up this blog, it was with the intent of writing about some big thoughts and grand ideas that I had floating around. I still have those thoughts sometimes, but I never got the gumption to put them together in a coherent fashion to then post anything. It was a difficult goal for a guy that really doesn't like writing much, but maybe I'll get to writing then down eventually.

«Wait... If you don't like writing, why are you doing this now?»

That's a fair enough question. I've made attempts at keeping journals an the like at different times in my past, and even at my best I only kept it up for a short while (6-9mo). Yet just as past successes are no sure indication of future ones, I see my former shortcomings as no firm suggestion of my future results. So try, try again I will; persistence can pay off. I believe this is especially true for something commandment worthy so my efforts will be blessed and the Lord will help if I am making a sincere attempt.

«Well, that's nice, but again, why now?»

Right. Well, I won't go into all the known benefits of keeping a record right now, but for me this will help me track of random thoughts and occurrences I want to remember. So often good thoughts come into my head, but they never hang around very long. This will be a place I can collect those thoughts. I'm going to try and write them down wherever I am and transfer them here. I'll make some sense of them before I post them, too... sometimes. I have a really good friend that just began her mission (for the LDS Church, she'll be serving in Recife, Brazil), so this will also help me have things to write to her about. Also this will be a way to record any blessings, tender mercies, and other cool events that I see around me (O, Remember, Remember). Another plus is that, being a proficient procrastinator, I'm always looking for good ways to waste time. Hopefully this will be a good way to spend my time, while actually bringing me some personal benefit.

«Ok then. Good luck with the learning experience.»

And it will be a learning experience. I know I can do hard things and overcome challenges, especially when I am working at what is important and the Lord is working with me. Let the experiment begin.

No comments: