Thursday, February 19, 2009

Like a Storm

In my head there have been so many thoughts and ideas bouncing around today. Plus I've been a bit sick, so that muddled things more. One reason for this blog was to have an outlet for some of those thoughts. I can't immediately post everything that comes to mind, so I will still need to find a good way to mediate between my head and here. I already miss my previous outlet for randomness, and the receiving of many more random texts and thoughts in return. I don't want to lose the propensity for random and creative thought, which that back-and-forth reinforced and encouraged. Here I won't have the relationship building part of the exchange, but I can develop the tendency to record and share random creative ideas. Who knows what could come from that.

«So this blog is going to be a bunch and random and crazy posts?»

No. I want to have structure here too. I already have ideas for posts that are more informative or expository. And of course there will be narrative, journal like ones, too. It will be a mix of all that, and maybe more. Fewer random posts at first, but eventually they will be the bulk of my posts I suspect. I want to write something at least once a week. I'll be strict with myself about that for awhile, just to get in the habit. Hopefully I'll get to the point where I write frequently, but not too frequently, without having to force myself. I actually have been excited about this.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Will Garett you have a blog!?!? It seems like the cool things these days! Stacey, Toni and I all have one. Fun fun! I kind of like how you write from the perspective of the reader, it reminds me of Jim Gaffigan(look him up if you don't know who he is). Happy blogging!

Kristi said...

Sorry I spelled your last name wrong... :)