Saturday, February 28, 2009

...As a pacifists pistol

While talking with a friend the other day, I mentioned that I was feeling "bored with life." It felt right to say that at the time, and still does, but at the same time it feels counter intuitive. She seemed to think so as well. I don't have everything I want in life right now, but I have no reason whatsoever to be ungrateful. I don't have a job (not for lack of looking), but I have plenty of money for my needs at this time. I'm almost done with school; I don't know what I'm doing after, but this semester hasn't been very difficult or stressful at all so far. I feel quite on top of church, my responsibilities there, and my personal life like I haven't in over 18 months. In fact I feel like I could be doing a lot more, and that's probably why I feel a bit bored: There is more that I completely capable of doing in my life. I have had times in my past where I felt like I was drowning in life and could barely keep my head above water. At those times I would look forward and think to myself, "If I can barely do what I doing now, and not that well, how in the world can I do all that I'll be expected to later?" The irony of it appears to be that I have turned out to be quite capable, and maybe then some.

«Don't get all cocky now.»

I can't take all the credit for this, of course; my efforts alone weren't enough. I know that others have helped me and prayed for me when I needed it. More importantly, I know that coming unto the Lord and trusting Him made all the difference.

For the time being I'll continue to do all the good I'm already doing. I'm doing things I enjoy doing (I'm reading for fun more now) and I picking up new things that I want to do (like rock climbing! I wish I had the money to do it more). And I'll keep looking to do other good works. I don't need to be told everything good to do. I'll keep on the path I'm on, keep my eyes watchful for opportunities along my way, and patiently wait for what is to come.

«You sure sound more confident that you feel, I'd bet.»

(Shush! I'm good right now. Don't spoil it.)