Monday, February 23, 2009

Temperance is a Virtue

So many people when they post on their blog, or twitter, or facebook put up every fleeting thought and precipitate feeling that crosses their mind.

«Tell me about it. How annoying.»

I really don't like that and I purposely leave things out. If people really need to know I'll tell them personally, or they'll find out through the grape vine or whatever. The problem is I really do like having someone with whom I can share most everything. Most of my life I haven't had anyone that really filled that role, but for periods of time I have and I grew to enjoy it. Unfortunately they haven't lasted (I get left behind) and I have to get used to tempering my own thoughts again.

«This isn't some kind of sob story is it?»

No, no. Or a least I'm not trying for that.
I think many people may write every little thing because they don't have someone the can tell anything to. I know that for me, as much as I dislike writing, I find it therapeutic to write down all the thoughts in my head. But I would never then show that to anyone, and definitely not post it for the whole world. I try and put my best foot forward. What I'm trying to say is that I am going through withdrawals and I am resisting posting a lot more than I have been tempted to. I am going to be cautious and critical about what I do post, too. I'll find a balance eventually.

«The world thanks you.»

No comments: