Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pork! NOM NOM NOM!

«Wait, what about Swine Flu!?»

I was going to write a more detailed post about the paranoia around swine flu. Then I found this, and it explained it so well.

«Hahaha! So true!»

I am more likely to die in my car on my way to class than of swine flu, ever. I'm even more likely to die of the regular influenza! This media hype is redonculous. Regular influenza really only preys on the elderly, the very young, or the already sick. (The only confirmed death of swine flu in the U.S. is of a 23 month old Mexican immigrant in Texas.) I'd be willing to bet most of the confirmed deaths in Mexico fall into to one of those categories, and on top of that they probably had horrible health care or no access to any health care. Plus, while there may be no vaccine for swine flu (flu vaccines are kind of a joke anyway) regular drug treatments(see end of article) for influenza seem to work fine.

«So we're all worked up over nothing?»

I'm not worked up, and neither should anyone else be. Be smart, be safe, but don't be paranoid. Lets focus on real problems that need our time and attention. I'm gonna go eat me some pork. YUM!

2 comments:

Alli said...

Ha ha, are you sure YOU wrote this? Will using Nom Nom Nom? Redonculous? This doesn't sound like you at all!

You must have a different writing voice than speaking voice. In this post.

And, oh noes, swine flu is coming to get you! *scary*

Toni Lynn said...

are you kidding? that totally sounds like Will. just when he's in one of his weirder moods. :)

And I completely agree with you, Will